2022 Junior Essay Contest
GCGRC is committed to the future of our sport; as such, we view our Junior participation as vital to the wellbeing of our dog community. Over the past year, club members have given great thought into how we can best encourage the next generation to participate and contribute to our sport.
To that end, GCGRC is offering the 2022 Junior Essay Contest to Golden Retriever owners/handlers who reside in any US state or territory . The essay subject will focus on how dog clubs can better reach out to the younger audience. A panel of judges is prepared to read and score the work based on an established criteria including addressing the theme components, as well as essay mechanics and organization.
The grand prize winner will receive $3,000! Additional cash prizes will be awarded based on participation and quality of entries. If you or someone you know is eligible to participate, please share this site with them!
This essay contest is open to all eligible Junior handlers aged 14-19. Specific contest rules are as follows:
- The contest is FREE to enter
- Stories/entries must not exceed 500 words (all words count).
- We will only accept one entry per writer
- Theme is: “What can dog clubs do to attract the next generation in dog sports and how would you do it?”
- Entry must be submitted by October 2, 2022 through our online entry form.
- Please keep a copy of your entry – it will not be returned
This essay competition is open to all Junior handlers of Golden Retrievers who meet all of the following criteria:
- The Junior must be 14-19 years old on January 1, 2023.
- The Junior must be a resident of a US state or territory.
- The Junior must have an affiliation with a dog club or competes in organized dog club sports.
- The Junior must have/handle/work with a purebred Golden Retriever (e.g. Purebred Alternative Listing is acceptable)
- The essay must be written whole by the Junior
- Our finalists may be required to provide more information such as school transcripts or a personal reference to confirm eligibility.